easter basket cases

11:27:00 AM

Quick Easter baskets that you can make for family and friends. You can hide them in the garden for the kids or use them of your Easter table as gifts and decorations. I used these little baskets for invitations I made a couple of years ago with a picnic theme. They are made of straw with a cute little wooden button. I replaced the closure with a ribbon that wraps around the button. I sprayed them white on the outside for a fresh clean look. The little card was made using free clip art downloaded from www.stampington.com. I printed the image onto cream cardstock, matted it onto pink Bazzill Basics and then added a gold glitter frame around the edge of the image. The Easter eggs are from Woolies. This was the one time I wished I actually bought a paper crimper. Now if you really knew me you would know that I think it is utterly kitch to use one of those tools, but for the first time in my crafting experiences I now see the use. But instead I made a plan... I simply used a piece of left-over patterned paper from K&Company and folded it into small pleats until the entire piece was one small strip. I then used my scissors and cut small pieces. When I pulled them apart slightly I had little ruffled pieces of paper to put inside the baskets. A quick way of doing things yourself even if you don't have the correct tools. 'n Boer maak 'n plan!
Here's wishing you a crafty week of getting ready for Easter celebrations! And in the case of my friend Natalie...go and buy some more Easter eggs because the box is empty!!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images