i *heart* docrafts chronology.

11:45:00 AM

It’s been a while since we have had some beautiful boy and guy related products on the market. I am not talking the using ahhh cute things for the little dudes – I am talking big boy stuff! I am thrilled to see this new release by DoCrafts. They have nailed it down to what we want – bold, masculine, funky but most of all with some colour. As much as I love the beautiful shades of brown (uh) there’s only so much of dull any crafter can take. So without wasting any time….here’s what I created using the beautiful Chronology range of papers and embellishments. 
 I wanted to showcase as many of the products available in the range so I used the beautiful thick patterned papers adhered to cardstock to form my tag background – this was my starting point for all of the tags. 
 Absolutely Marvellously Tag For my tag background I used the striking rusty clock patterned paper. The focal point for this tag is the blue die-cut topper. I adhered the topper to the bottom edge of the tag after inking the edges to highlight them. I combined the die-cut gears with some metal gears for dimension to this tag. A couple of coloured buttons finished off the look. What I really like about the die-cuts is the quality of the dies, but also that you can now create your own gears in a variety of materials like vellum, cardstock, tissue paper, patterned paper, handmade paper, photos and even thin chipboard. The possibilities are endless.
new metals....
Birthday Greetings Tag I used the beautiful green script paper to create my tag. I adhered the paper to plain cardstock to firm it up before embossing it using the Clocks embossing folder. I love how the Tri-boss folders give a deep impression for crisp clear images. To highlight the clock design of the embossing folder I used a brown ink and sponge daubers to lightly ink the edges of the embossed paper, and afterwards gave it a light mist with the AC Mr Huey Shine for some sparkle. The effect is simply gorgeous! To add decorative elements I used a sentiment from the die-cut topper sheet and brown cardstock to cut the cogs, cut a Mason jar image from the patterned paper and used a sentiment from the die-cut toppers. The cogs and gears were adhered using the funky brass screw like brads – fast, convenient and manly.
aahhhh die-cuts galore
deep impressions by the tri-boss embossing folders
 Looking Glass Tag This must be my new favourite stamp image ever (ok for now)! I love the look and versatility of this stamp; it can be used for so many themes and projects. For this tag I used the patterned paper with the bicycles on it. I then layered a piece of orange clocks, orange cardstock and the stamped image. I used a dye ink to add some colour to the edges of my stamped image, and then used the gold Mr Huey ink and painted the centers of the clocks using a bit of water and a small paint brush. I stamped the image in Versafine ink which allows me paint over it. Depending on the type of paper you stamped on the inks used will give a different finished look as they react differently depending on the cotton and fiber content of the papers. I stamped the image a second time and used a punch to punch some clocks and raised those using pop dots. A couple of buttons was used to add some dimension.
love this stamp image....
These tags are so versatile – they can be used as gift tags attached to birthday gifts, a simple note written on the back for a loved one, used as a book mark in a diary – it can be whatever you want it to be. This is a beautiful range for loads of potential, and I intend on making use of it every chance I get. Go on; spoil the man in your life with a funky Chronology inspired craft project. 
Products used 
DoCrafts 12x12 Paper Pack [DPMA160132] 
DoCrafts A4 Die-cut Toppers [DPMA157163] 
DoCrafts 4x4 Urban Stamp Looking Glasses [DPMA 907145] 
DoCrafts Gears [DPMA353202] 
DoCrafts Brads [DPMA353201] DoCrafts Dies 9pc Chronology Cogs [DXCY503151] 
DoCrafts Tri-boss Emboss Folder Clocks [DXCU515121] 
AC Mister Huey's Colour Mist – Gold [331078] 
AC Mister Huey's Colour Mist - Calico Shine [101284] 
AC ORANGES Squash 12x12 Textured Cardstock [71559] 
AC NATURALS Rocky Road 12x12 Textured Cardstock [71466]

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images