inky business over at the wholesaler.

11:16:00 AM

As a young crafter I always loved working with inks paints and other weird materials. I love the artistic, anything can happen look inks can give a project. It’s hard to know how ink will re-act initially when you start working with a new product – and for that reason I love experimenting with it. There are many different kinds of inks available on the market today - they have grown in popularity as more and more crafters start to create their own artistic elements instead of using the pre-manufactured goods. Artistic and handmade is the new in thing ladies! 
Today we are playing with Mr Huey inks *Love*. 

For my layout I used Mr Huey inks in 3 subtle ways. I love using techniques on my layouts but like everything in life and in design the key is to know when it works. I use techniques in little subtle and interesting ways – ways that will enhance my layout and still let the focus be on my photos and the story I am telling.
 I used the silver to mist my cut out stars for beautiful handmade elements. 
On the smaller stars I used the nozzle to draw squiggles on the stars after the first layer of ink was dry. I love how it turned out.
So for my layout I used 3 different Mr Huey colours and created coloured splats on my background, then I used silver Mr Huey together with a stencil and created a pattern on my background
splats in 3 different colours....


to see the different effects inks have on a variety of papers head on over here
 Products used
Mister Huey's Colour Mist - Leaf Green [AC 331046]
Mister Huey's Colour Mist – Silver [AC 331079]
Mister Huey's Colour Mist - Water Cooler (Aqua) [AC 331019]
Mister Huey's Colour Mist – Sunshine [AC 331080]
AC Studio Calico Heyday paper Pack 6x6
AC Dear Lizzie Neapolitan Paper Pad 6x6
AC White cardstock

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images