colouring with Artiste Markers.

9:24:00 AM

I have always been keen on an artist first approach when it comes to crafting, scrapbooking and card making. So naturally I approach my colouring in of stamped images in the same artistic non-perfect-outside-of-tie-lines kind of way – the more natural and watercolour like the better for me. And for that reason I love the Artiste Dual Tip Markers. 
These Artiste Dual-Tip Brush Markers are available in sets of 12 markers in a pack. The colour ranges are sorted in Vintage, Brights and Pastels making it easy to pick the colours you want to work with.
They Each Have a Brush Tip and a Fine Point that can be used for larger areas or for writing depending on your needs and application purposes. They are perfect for any use in Card Making, Scrapbooking and many other Crafting Projects.

Artiste markers in short….
  • Permanent dual-tip brush markers in co-ordinating colours
  • High-quality permanent colour
  • Versatile: use them with stamps, to shade designs or add text
  • Add dramatic effects to cards, gifts, scrapbooks, etc.
  • Add stunning detail like edging and accents
  • Acid Free
  • Non Toxic
If you are a more structured kind of crafter then these may not be for you. These markers are not alcohol based but water based – which means that they need to be approached like watercolour paint. They can be used directly onto paper and cardstock but shading the colours requires water and a paintbrush. Using the brush tip and colouring onto some types of cardstock will leave you with a streaky look however.  I used them on watercolour paper and that was perfect – but use them on ordinary white cardstock with water and the paper may ‘fluff’ causing the top layer of the paper to separate from the bottom due to the water added. On a smooth white cardstock the markers worked really well even when combined with water.
Joy card
For my card I used the beautiful new range of Gorjuss stamps. I stamped the image onto watercolour paper using Versafine ink in black. I then used my Artiste markers to add some colour. And because I love the artistic not so perfect look I even coloured outside the lines and that’s OK too. Here’s how I did it….
For a Step by step colouring tutorial of my stamped image
take a look here http://bit.ly/16mb0rQ
Here's to many more hours of colouring outside the lines and using these Gorjuss images and products.
All products used in this articles is distributed and supplied by   
The Wholesaler in South Africa.
Products Used
AC Cardstock Value Pack (100 Sheets) [AC 71660]
DoCrafts Artiste Dual Tip Brush Markers (12 Pack) – Brights [DDOA851100]
DoCrafts Artiste Dual Tip Brush Markers (12 Pack) – Vintage [DDOA851101]
DoCrafts Artiste Dual Tip Brush Markers (12 Pack) – Pastel [DDOA851102]
Gorjuss Urban Stamp - I Love You Little Rabbit (2 Piece) [DGOR907108]
Mister Huey's Colour Mist - Calico Shine [AC 101284]
Petaloo Forget Me Nots – Pink [C1835-320]
Petaloo Canterbury Naturals - Blue, Amethyst [C1830-002]
Teresa Collins She Said 6x6 Paper Pad [TC HSS110]

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images