embellishments with a purpose - new Prima goodies.

1:19:00 PM

Over at The Wholesaler's blog we are sharing some tips and ideas on how to use your Prima embellishments - so head on over to see the entire selection and order yours today
http://www.thewholesaler.biz/blog/embellish-with-a-purpose


Have you seen the new Prima embellishments? Well then you are sure to have fallen in love with the old and new variety of gorgeous goodies they have released. I love embellishments but sometimes they are just too pretty to sit on a layout in an album, they tell a beautiful story that should be displayed and shared for everyone to see and enjoy. Don’t get me wrong, a beautiful embellishment on a layout is worth it’s look in gold if you use it correctly and to its full potential – embellishments thus are not for filling holes and empty spots on a layout just because you can – embellishments need to have a purpose and add to the overall story and not distract from the design.

Having said all of that I was in need of a quick little gift for a special friend and the new Life Time embellishments were just perfect. For my gift I used a 4x4 inch canvas and covered it using my Tombow glue stick and a thin handmade silk paper – this forms my backdrop. As embellishments I used a couple of elements together – Newsprint mini-frames, butterfly and mini crystals from the Life Time range. I love how the soft colours complement each other yet the statement they make is huge. My message reflects my friend – strong and delicate with lots of sparkle!

i just love these elements to frame little photos and sayings

 I also really love a good chunky necklace with a surprise element. I have often used scrapping elements together with beautiful ribbons to make custom jewellery that can be changed at a whim and re-purposed on a craft project. I used one of the metal trinkets tied with a piece of silk ribbon onto a chunky ball chain. I love the combination of soft and gentle with a vintage industrial feel. These metal trinkets are really amazing for jewellery as an accent piece, making a pretty brooch, used on a key ring and even as home décor.

 It just goes to show that embellishments can be used in a variety of ways – even the unpredictable, but they should always have a purpose. A great embellishment can stand alone quite comfortable making a statement – just like these wonderful pieces by Prima.

Products used
Life Time Newsprint Mini Frames [PM 56343]
Life Time Metal Trinkets [PM 563585]
Life Time Say it in Crystals - Mini Swirls [PM 563981]
Life Time Butterflies (24 Pieces) [PM 565589]
Tombow Colour Glue Stick [TB 01494]
Tombow Mono Multi Glue [TB 62191]

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images