telling my story with SN@P by Simple Stories.

8:43:00 AM

I love scrapbooking and can’t imagine my life without it in any way or form. I love doing double page layouts with texture and interesting details but sometimes there are things that I want to document that just won’t have the same appeal on a double page spread. Sometimes these memories, those everyday life ticket stubs and till slips just need a spot for themselves to shine, somewhere where they will feel comfortable without being judged.
Simple Stories’ version of project life is so simple and easy to use. It consists out of albums and pockets that fit perfectly inside. Then there are these beautiful papers, tags, stickers, lettering and other elements that you can use to fill in the pockets alongside your photos. It’s easy to use and you simply slip everything into an allocated space. Of course you can dress the elements up as you please or leave them uncomplicated. The choice is yours.
Simple Stories has changed the everyday for me. With the new SN@P! Studio I can scrapbook on a smaller scale that allows me more time for what I really want to do (double page layouts) and I can keep all my everyday memories in a place where my family and the not so perfect photos and memories can have a life of their own too. I can experiment with my stamping and inks and just make a mess and it will fit right into this real life scrapbooking system of Simple Stories. It will never replace my traditional scrapbooking but it certainly has a place, an extension of what I am already doing kind of thing but quicker.

What I love about SN@P!
  • It takes the thinking process out of being creative
  • It is such an economical way to scrap and preserve the everyday
  • The elements all co-ordinate with each other
  • I can incorporate lots of other bits and pieces with this range because it features so many colours in its core
  • I can use up all my scraps of papers together with the easy to use stickers and labels – yes even the pieces I am afraid to throw out just in case (yes you know the pieces I am talking about)
  • The letters and wording sheets make totally sense for capturing real life
Why I use the SN@P! as part of my life’s project
  • It really is not intimidating at all
  • I can incorporate all the not so perfect photos
  • It helps me focus on the little things in life that are really important and things that I want to remember i.e how we still have a little family of jackal on the farm and they come out late afternoon for us to catch a glimpse
  • It showcases who I really am – real and imperfect
  • Its bold, colourful, quirky and pretty all in one
  • It makes scrapbooking simple and affordable for everyone even the younger generation
  • I can adapt the system and keep true to my style of scrapbooking and memory keeping – I don’t have to change a thing about what I am already doing
  • I can experiment and use it in my double page layouts
I did week 16 and 17 in my album although there are weeks to catch up on and week 17 is not even over yet and that’s OK with me. For week 16 I captured the essential things that happened. I kept the SN@P! Studio elements pretty simple but did dress them up a bit to suit my style. I added wording and sewing with some punched stars to the ‘snapshots’ insert. I punched the small stars from the SN@P! Stickers 4×6 – Typeset sheet – I Love all those letters and words and that I could even punch small shapes on the border of the sheet. This way I could repeat the colour throughout the entire 2 page spread in different pockets.
i can still add my details even though they are in smaller in scale - they still offer the same texture and details as when they are applied to a double page
 Week 17 was fun and even though it still has a few days left I started the journey already. I love how I could capture the jackal on the farm right by our back door just before the dogs started chasing it again inside the electric fence of course so they can’t harm them but love the chase none the less.
I included a photo of my last road trip to Bloemfontein that I am repeating this Thursday -but that’s OKk because I will take some more photos then. The circle was punched from the packaging and perfect to house the number of week 17 on it. I used a denim needle in my sewing machine to sewn right through the chipboard numbers quite easily.
I couldn’t help myself and had to add the beautiful Prima chipboard element and paper scrap – I love how it just picks up the turquoise colour and gives the SN@P! range a vintage touch. The labels from new cargo pants for Jayson also made it into the pockets – I just love the design and wording on it.
 
Products Used

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images