Capture that 24/seven.

4:12:00 PM

Capturing memories are fun! And we often have so many great photos, fantastic trips, good memories and special occasions captured on film (so to speak) that it’s not always easy to have them on display. It’s great to scrapbook them but how many of you actually have an album or two out on the coffee table for the kids to peruse whenever they want to? I can honestly say that I really have layouts all over my work area and the lounge for that matter, so there’s always a memory floating around for anyone to see. Having said that… I am always on the lookout for cute ideas and things that can be altered with photos that can permanently be on display – but also changed at a whim when I get bored. I have a couple of framed photos in the lounge all in the same frames so they are pretty great and we see them every day.

Then I found these cute little photo cubes at a discount store the other day – and all I could think about was how amazing they would look stacked up in different configurations all over the house. They could hold different memories, can be dressed up with a couple of easy stickers and pretty paper, or even just photos added without any decoration. They are super cool, versatile and economical. Did I mention they would make for great gifts?
24/7 memories
So I grabbed a cube and took out the inside, which is really just a plain white box and used some of the beautiful 24/7 range of papers to add to each side of the cube. I added some sewing to the paper squares and decorated them before I adhered them to the cube. I used the sticker sheet and some cut-out elements to decorate the sides and photos for a quick and easy project. This would make for a great activity involving the kids – they can decorate some photo cubes for their rooms in matching colours.
I also spotted this cute “earth globe” and having wished for a vintage one for my home I settled on this little guy. The colours on the map were just not me so I pulled out my pot of chalkboard paint and took to it without thinking. I cut a camera from one of the sheets of paper and sprayed it with water to soften the fibres in the paper which will make for easy handling and shaping around the contours of the globe. While the camera image was still damp I adhered it to the globe using gel medium and left it to dry thoroughly. A few more decorations and a scribble or two with chalk and I had a funky and fashionable travel item to display with my travelling photo cubes.

I hope you are inspired by the versatility of this beautiful range of products. The 24/7 collection by Simple Stories must be one of my all-time favourites (along with so many others) – it truly is a range that can be used for everyday memories and travel pages alike. Happy scrapping and memory displaying!
Products used
24/Seven Double Sided Paper – Snapshots [SS 3104]
24/Seven Double Sided Paper - Good Stuff [SS 3107]
24/Seven Double Sided Paper – Today [SS 3106]
24/Seven Double Sided Paper – Hello [SS 3109]
24/Seven Fundamental Stickers [SS 3102]
Glue Dots Memory Book [GD05029-300]
Tombow Mono Multi Glue [TB 62191]

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images