scrap africa challenge.

6:44:00 AM

This weeks' challenge over at Scrap Africa is a fun one and right up my alley!The challenge is to use texture paste, a stencil and inks. 
*Remember* to head on over to scrap Africa and play along - there are some great goodies up for grabs and we would love to see what you do with this challenge.
For my tag I used an old Heidi Swapp circle mask (yeah i still have those) on my background. I added some texture paste through the mask and let it dry - by the way i worked on a smooth white cardstock that works really well with inks and paints. Once the past was dry I used a combination of Mister Huey inks and water colour paint to add colour to the background. And lastly i inked the edges using Walnut stain distress ink.
the pretty sentiment sticker that worked really well with my colours is from Amy Tan - to mimic the pink paint splat on the bottom left of the sentiment I used some pink water colour with a water brush and added my own splats all over. Love that pink!
the rhinestone and pearl swirl from Prima were the wrong colour so I used my alcohol inks to change the colour to suit my project - quick and easy. I simply dripped the alcohol ink directly onto the swirl and the inked spread itself out to colour the entire thing!
a few finishing touches and there you go! I love all the different elements thrown together to form a unit - and i love tags. they are quick and easy to make and so much fun to experiment with different looks. We have a long weekend here in South Africa and i am still faffing around in my work space sorting things and purging! What a great feeling as i get rid of things i probably will never use in my lifetime. Plus my in tray of projects and articles are still full and I am working my through it all. i love what i do. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend and a blessed creative week ahead.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images