form meets function - petaloo floral recycled journal

2:29:00 PM


I am a list maker. I am always writing things down and making lists of things to do, buy or ideas. So this also means I have loads of notebooks all around the house, in my bag, next to my bed and in the car. So naturally when I have the chance to make a cute little notebook using left-overs and pretty stuff then I jump at the chance. I also like using things that I can repurpose into a functional item.
 For my notebook I wanted to make a pretty cover using a few supplies, but mainly the pretty Petaloo flowers. I particular favour the jewelled Florettes and Gypsies in the range. The flowers are beautiful and delicate with amazing colour – but not too bulky for my style of scrapping. I like the fact that even when I use them on my layouts they can still comfortably fit into the page protectors without making my albums bulge at the seams.


But back to my little notebook.
 I used an old book to create my cover. I simply tore off the existing cover from the book and used my big guillotine to cut off the spine part and also trimmed down the top and bottom edge for a slightly smaller cover.

I now have 2 parts – a front and back cover. I used ordinary white cardstock or thin paper for the inside pages. I cut them slightly smaller than the outside covers and then punched a set of holes into the pages using an ordinary office hole punch. For my cover I used the inside punched holes as a guide and drew guide circles on the inside of the covers, and then punched the holes using my crop-o-dile. The cover was decorated using a Celebr8 oval frame that I embossed using AC embossing powder. I inserted a printed vintage photo inside the frame and then finished off the bottom of the frame using a combination of the Jewelled Florettes and Jewelled Gypsies from Petaloo.
These pretty flowers are indeed a basic scrapbooking necessity – they are one of those products that can turn something simple into something spectacular in a few easy steps. A must have for your basic stash and your next pretty project. There are loads of designs and colours available in the Jewelled range – perfect for all your crafty needs.

Products used
Celebr8 Equi Card Swirl Antique Frame [MB-4001]
Jeweled Florettes - Pink, Fuscha, White [C1350-229]
Jeweled Gypsies - Peach, Fuschia, Lavender, Pink [C1357-222]
Jeweled Gypsies - Rasberry Sherbert [C1357-229]
Jeweled Gypsies - Fairy Wonderland [C1357-233]
VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad [TVM-001]
ZING! Metallic Embossing Powder 1 oz Lavender
all these goodies are available from The Wholesaler. For your convenience you can place your order and have it dropped off at your local scrapbook store!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images