crate flea market altered frame.

1:35:00 PM

i am always on the lookout for something cool to alter using my scrapbooking supplies. so when i happen to do a little "prop" shopping for a photo shoot i picked up some really cool things from Pep Home. i got this frame for R9.99 - a real bargain i would say. and give me some beautiful scrapbooking paper and embellishments and you have a winning combination. to read more about my approach on this project you can head on over here


Recycle that!
I added an additional frame on top of the bought frame. I used an empty Purple Turtle double sided tape roll. These are perfect for so many things! I started off by measuring the width of the cardboard roll and cut 2 strips of patterned papers and measured them to the right length so that they overlap only by 5mm.keep in mind that the outer measurement will be longer than the inner.
I then added a thin layer of Tombow Mono Multi and adhere my paper strips. Once the adhesive was dry I lightly sanded the edges to smooth them out for a nice clean finish. PS. The new Ingvild Bolme Distressing Tool also distributed by The Wholesaler will work perfect for this step too.
Once I was happy with the edges I printed a photo and adhered it to the back and trimmed it closely using my Couture Creations Craft Knife and sanded it down again for a smooth and neat edge. A layer of diamante on the front edge and a simple bow finished off the additional circle photo frame.

TIP: these could make cute Christmas tree decorations – get the kids to help you make them. So next time you run out of Purple Turtle Double Sided tape…hang onto those empty rolls.
i love the beautiful chipboard elements in this range.
Products used:
Crate Flea Market Patterned Paper Pad
Crate Flea Market Chipboard Sheet
American Crafts Thickers Lindsay [366292]
Tombow Mono Multi Adhesive [TB 62191]
Couture Creations Sanding Block [ADCO 723060]
Couture Creations Craft Knife [ADCO 721987]
 all these wonderful products are available from The Wholesaler in South Africa.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images