7/25 - create bargello die-cuts using the Cuttlebug and washi tape.

10:15:00 AM

Bargello is a technique traditionally used in needlepoint and borrowed by paper crafters to create interesting background effects using paper strips. I borrowed this technique and have done a couple of versions over the years, but today I am incorporating die-cutting and the ever so popular washi tape to create this easy technique. Just another reason to use my products combined together in my Cuttlebug. 
Tip # 7 - Use Bargello and washi tape to create funky die-cuts.


This technique consists of small thin strips of paper used to create a background. I usually keep all my strips of off-cuts to create this technique, but today I used various strips of washi tapes instead of paper.
I used a plain piece of white cardstock and adhered the strips of tape to it until the entire background was covered in washi tape.
Then I used my Assouline die cut to cut the beautiful wreath out of my Bargello background cardstock.
I added some diamante in red and clear and adhered it to my folded card. This can be a quick Christmas card or a beautiful girly wreath by adding ribbons, bows and using floral patterned paper strips for my Bargello background.



Tips and tricks
Combine washi tape with paper strips for a beautiful Bargello background
Try using different die-cut to cut shapes out of your Bargello backgrounds for a fun alternative
Use 50mm wide double sided tape from The Wholesaler to create a sticky back and front for your Bargello background. The front to adhere your paper strips onto and the back to have a sticky back even after your die-cut your shape
Recycle those beautiful strips of paper cut from the bottom of your Kaisercraft patterned papers to create a background that will cost you almost nothing


Products used
Couture Creations Intricutz Sophia Cutting Dies – Assouline [ADCO 723491]
Cuttlebug V2 [PC 2000293]
Tombow Mono Multi Glue [TB 62191]
Walnut Ink Crystals [TWI-001]

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images