Xcut A5 Die Sets - gift box topper and double page layout.

4:57:00 PM

I love functional and cross pollination of tools and products – but when the new Xcut die and stamps sets hit the market I knew they would be a firm favourite of mine and many other crafters. Combining dies with stamps doubles the fun and creativity one can have. Here’s how I enjoyed using my sets this week…

Floral gift topper
I so loved playing with these new dies I also made an gift box topper – since the gift giving season is upon us I got a head start. I cut the flower using the dies set and then embossed one of the cuts using the holly embossing folder to add additional texture. The inside stamen parts I cut from old book paper which gave me a nice contrast and something different than the usual green or yellow cardstock. I finished off the middle with a large green pearl. This floral die will soon become a firm favourite – I think it can be applied to almost anything from a gift box to hair accessories and décor elements. Watch this space for more ideas on using these versatile dies and stamps together.






Double page layout For my layout I used the beautiful Flea Market range of papers from Crate. I knew that these papers would be perfect to combine with the delicate butterfly stamps and die cut sets from Xcut. So I set about cutting, inking and stamping the butterflies all over my layout. The die-cuts were done using AC smooth white cardstock and then simply dipped into ink to create a bold and vibrant coloured die cut. I then stamped additional butterflies onto white cardstock and embossed them using two different colours of embossing powder. These were then die-cut using the co-ordinating dies to create custom butterflies for my layout. And lastly I stamped another butterfly design directly onto the background in a soft grey ink. I love how the dies and stamps complement each other and by combining them with different stamping and inking techniques you can create a completely different look each time you use them.

Products used
Xcut A5 Die Set – Butterflies [DXCU503196]
Xcut A5 Die Set – Leaves [DXCU503194]
Xcut A5 Die Set – Flowers [DXCU503195]
Flea Market 12x12 Paper Pad (48 Sheets) [AC 683295]
Jolly Christmas 12x12 Paper Pad (48 Sheets Double Sided Paper) [ADCO 723549]

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images