Couture Creations - double page layout with die-cuts and embossing.

6:00:00 AM

Welcome to another Couture Creations post- this week i played with some more gorgeous die-cuts to add some simple elements to a double page layout. I love how simple it is to dress up your projects with a beautiful die-cut. The latest themes and designs are amazing and so versatile. I also used some gorgeous papers from the So Jew paper pad to add patterns and colours to my layout - i did combine it with some other patterns and colours for a beautiful and vibrant look.
i also added some embossing using this beautiful embossing folder from The Marriot Collection - Abbey Road. I used a printed card element and used only the top corner of the embossing folder to add texture to it. I then used my sponge dauber and some dye ink to lightly add colour to the top of the embossing highlighting only the selected area.
I used the Lady and Gentlemen dies and embossed them in a dark brown chocolate embossing powder for colour. I embossed them twice to give a nice solid colour and a smooth effect.
The Paddington street lamp was my other die-cut turned embellishment. I embossed it in the same dark brown embossing powder as the lady and gentlemen  but added some additional colour also using heat embossing. I also added some of the Couture Creations gemstones to my flowers - a girl can never have enough bling!
Here's how i added additional coloured embossing
1. die-cut the street lamp out of smooth white cardstock
2.emboss the lampshade using dark brown embossing powder. A detailed embossing powder works better because of the intricate details on the die.
3. use an alcohol based ink to colour coarse white embossing powder - i used a green colour. let the alcohol ink dry and evaporate - this means that you simply have to leave the embossing powder to dry really well before using it.
4. heat set the coloured coarse powder and see how it turns the lamp post into an old rusty metal with a great patina added to it over time.
see how one layer of embossing looks against a double layer of embossing - a nice smooth layer and well worth the effort.
i used these wonderful products from Couture Creations for my layout

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images