The Wholesaler - Ten minute cards with Couture Creations embossing foldes and paper pads.

7:45:00 PM

For me card making is something that I can do without thinking too much – 
it’s that crossover-in-between thing I do to help get the creative juices flowing again 
and a time of no rules and anything goes! 
So what better way than to make some ten minute cards where I can produce something worthwhile but not take up too much time out of my day? I make cards that will not take me longer than 10 minutes to actually put together (this is of course without the time I spend procrastinating and thinking about what I want to do) – the other 50 minutes I spend digging through my stash to decide what to use, oh and finding things I have long forgotten about! 
But with the new Couture Creations Paper pads all the stash I need I can find in one convenient place – the beautiful designs and colours all work together making card making such a pleasure. And throw in a new embossing folder or two and a couple of embellishments and you have all you need to create with – so no more excuses to not make cards. All it takes is a few minutes and limited stash!
Here’s how I made my cards…
  • I pulled three pieces of paper from my paper pads that I really loved, one matching coloured AC cardstock and some white background for my card bases. Grabbed a couple of Prima brads I have had for years (embarrassed face here), some buttons and diamante and thread. 
  • Found two embossing folders I really liked and collected my Cuttlebug. I randomly cut four pieces of cardstock to form my cards. 
  • Then I cut the patterned papers into smaller pieces and just started putting things together – once I was happy I inked the edges and adhered the elements together. 


  • I did play around with the embossing folders – I simply inked the embossed areas using a dark brown ink pad using a sponge applicator to highlight the edges. 
  • A couple of embellishments, stickers and rub-ons also found their way onto the cards as focal points. 
  • To pull through the acid yellow from my brads, I used yellow watercolour paint to add splats onto my background papers to tie everything together.

  • And that is how simple it is to make a couple of cards in less than an hour using the Couture Creations Embossing folders and paper pads. Everything is so quick by just adding a few pieces of interest to your cards like the embossed papers and cardstock!
  •  And remember the paper in the paper pads are all double sided, so you can get away with even less stash to make some beautiful cards. Happy card making everyone!

Products used 
Couture Creations Embossing Folder Project Journal Cards [CO723625] 
Couture Creations Embossing Folder Asian Wave [CO723630] 
Couture Creations 12x12 Paper Pad - Damask Delight (48 Sheets) [ADCO 723545] 
Couture Creations 12x12 Paper Pad - Sew Jo (48 Sheets) [ADCO 723547] 
The Optimist Wood Icons in a Box [PM 572471]
 Memento Dew Drop Ink Pad - Rich Cocoa [TMD-800]

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images