Prima Embellishments – make a shabby shick pencil holder.

6:58:00 AM

Prima embellishments are so much fun, and the new Ingvild Bolme collections are super functional as steam punk, shabby shick or just plain romantic. I think it is the versatility that gets me every time – the fact that I can use any of their embellishments on a layout, card or altered item and it just works. You know the feeling right? Yes you do! 

So this week I had an empty corn tin – yes me and my tins again. But I just find them so versatile and the fact that a piece of rusty metal won’t be poisoning the ground water somewhere is a big plus in my life at the moment. I think old age has brought a certain kind of awareness in me and I am acting on it!

So I used some chalk paint and painted the tin on the outside with duck egg blue and then added some wax to age it. a light sanding afterwards made the metal peek through just a bit. Using my Prima Princess paper I die-cut a border using my Cuttlebug machine and wrapped it around the top edge of my tin and adhered it with my Tombow Mono Multi adhesive – that stuff rocks!
As a focal point I layered 2 resin frames on top of each other. I used a circle sticker from the Princess Collection kit and added it behind my oval frame adhering the frame to it using Tombow glue again. In the meantime I added a layer of 3D gloss inside the frame and left it to dry to create a nice glass like finish.

I used my Tombow glue and added it to the oval frame and placed it on top of the rectangle frame and left it to dry really well before even lifting it. I then added the wings on top of the frame using a glue dot. The entire grouping was then adhered to the front of the tin with a silicone like adhesive – this enables me to remove it should I ever want to, but also keeps it in place really well. Bakers twine adds a nice finishing touch to the top edge of the tin.
It feels good to make something simple with such beautiful products – something that will make me happy but also make the earth a healthier place for every living creature! How will you turn your recycling products into something beautiful using Prima products?

Products used
Prima Junkyard Findings - Streampunk Air [PM 892289]
Prima Ingvild Bolme Resin Collection - Oval Frame [PM 892111]
Prima Ingvild Bolme Resin Collection - Baroque Frame [PM 892098]
Prima Princess Double Sided Paper – Sophia [PM 951016]
Prima Princess Collection Kit [PM 951153]
3D Clear Gloss 25ml [DANT763100]

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images