The Wholesaler - Every Princess deserves a layout – Prima Princess Products double page layout.

8:10:00 AM

Every little girl deserves a special layout that makes her feel and look like a Princess – even if real life sometimes gets in the way of that promise. I have found that when you make a layout for a little girls and it is filled with magic then you will make them feel like they can conquer the world – that is how powerful scrapbooking and memory keeping really is. It has the power to make the impossible possible, it conveys truly feelings and tells stories that otherwise may not be uttered in words – it is powerful in every way! When I started selecting the Prima Princess range to work with, I ha d a very special girl in mind – one that has conquered the world over and over in spite of her situation and in spite of who the world told her to be and what it threw at her – my niece. I wanted to make it pretty and playful just like her. For my photos I used some old photos and printed them in sepia, and I simply love how it turned out.
I wanted maximum exposure of the papers so I used four strips running down the middle of my background and then added my photos to that. A few key embellishments and accessories is all I needed to keep the layout from feeling and being cluttered – but rather focused on the photos and my story I wanted to tell. She is such an amazing and strong girl now, and at the age of 13 she really has come a long way, but what is still evident is that she love pink and purple and bling and all things girly and pretty. In many ways she will always be our Princess – strong and confident!

How do you use colour and paper to convey a message? Is it something simple like strong lines and bold embellishments with a few detailed fussy cut elements? Or maybe dark colours filled with lots of embellishments, making it busy and cluttered? Everyone has their own style and their own story to tell – and that is all that matters – but in the end let’s not forget that the photographs tell an even bigger story accompanied by words that can harm or heal…
“life is like a camera, focus on what’s important and you’ll capture it perfectly”

Products used 
Prima Princess Wood Icons [PM 572907] 
Prima Princess Tags & TicketsPM [PM 573263] 
Prima Princess Double Sided Paper – Ava [95095]
Prima Princess Double Sided Paper – Sophia [PM 951016] 
Prima Princess Double Sided Paper – Lily [PM 950989] 
Prima Princess Brads [PM 951115] Prima Princess Collection Kit [PM 951153] 
Prima Something Blue Collection Kit [PM 814137] 
AC Glitter Tape - Parfait 3/8 inch [AC 96005] 
Xcut Decorative Border Punch - Lace Trim [DXCU257104] 
AC Cardstock 12x12 Smooth – Coffee [AC NATURALS 71774] 
AC Cardstock 12x12 Smooth – White [AC NEUTRALS 71793]

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images