The Wholesaler - inspired by - a layout and photos.

6:57:00 AM

This month we are talking inspiration and being creative without spending money. One of my favourite bloggers and creative minds is Mandi from Vintage Revivals. She’s one of those frugal girls that can make something out of nothing. So this week I am inspired by a little make-over she did a while ago. Everything about the space spoke to me, and when I saw that painting on the wall I knew I had a piece of paper that is perfect to create a layout with.

Then I was flipping through an old magazine for more inspiration and there was the same colour scheme as the one from Mandi. The confirmation that I got was that this colour combination was on par and very much in fashion, and that is how I came to design a double page layout inspired by a magazine and a designer.
First of all I used the colour combination as inspiration for my layout. Since the new Heidi Swapp paper I was using had the same colours and designs I was halfway there. Now if you will, notice that I used a single sheet of paper for this layout – everything else was found in my stash or made. I used an old stamp to stamp the tickets on scrap paper and cut them out, the brads are from an old Teresa Collins range, the circles were punched from patterned paper, the diamante I had, the ribbon was coloured with ink and my chipboard title was embossed with 3 colours of embossing powders that I had from years ago. I also sprinkled some golf confetti bits all over my layout inspired by the gold colour in my inspiration photo and magazine article. So apart from using one sheet of new paper and some paper scraps I made a layout I really love with things I already own. Now I know we all strive to do that, but how often do we really commit and buckle down and get to it?
The other thing I often hear people say is – ‘oh scrapping’ I could never afford that, it’s such an expensive hobby. Well here’s what I have to say – it is as expensive as you want it to be. I don’t spend a fortune on products or supplies and I still manage to create beautiful works of art (for me at least) – I control what I spend and no one else, and if you think about it, that’s really how it should be. You can afford to scrap and be creative and all still within your budget.
So here’s my challenge to you – find an element from either my inspiration photos and create a card or layout with only what you have, or a single sheet of paper. We would love to see how frugal you can be with things you already own.
My secret to making old things look new is combining old with something new – it really does make a difference. So a single sheet of new paper combined with old products and paper will make the world of difference.


Products used
Dreamy Double Sided Paper - Choose Happy [AC 0117]
Dreamy Word Jumble Sticker [AC 01185]
Docrafts ticket stamp
Tombow Mono Multi Glue [TB 62191]
Purple Turtle Double Sided Foam Roll - 1.5mm x 18mm x 1m (white) [PT071]
Celebr8 Chipboard word
Remember to visit The Wholesaler for all your favourite scrapbooking products!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images