Prima’s frame of mind – the artist within.

5:47:00 PM

I love my stamps – and a good design can be so versatile! The thing about stamps is that you can use them over and over again and they never go to waste. Using the same stamp in different ways combining them with different products and techniques is what makes stamps so versatile. So for this week’s project I took to the new artistic stamps from Prima – don’t you just love the “girls”. So once I decided on the image I wanted to use I thought it would be fun to do a bit of a masking technique and combine the image with different stamps and stencils to create a background effect.
Prima flowers add a lovely touch to this project
Inks and paint brushed recycled for this project are a perfect match
Finger painted glitter adds that special touch
More  Prima accents and embellishments ....
So here’s how I did it
Step 1
stamp the Karlie image twice. Once on the white cardstock you will use for your project and again on a scrap piece of paper.

Step 2
cut out the image stamped onto the scrap piece of paper. You want to cut on the line as opposed to just outside the line on the outer edge.

Step 3
use sticky squares to adhere the cut out image on top of the image stamped onto your cardstock. Then ink your second stamp and over stamp onto the background where you want your design to be.

Step 4
When you lift your stamp you can see that you stamped onto the background as well as onto the cut out image only. When you remove the cut out image from your project the second stamped image will appear as if it is in the background behind the original stamped image – pretty cool!

TIP – the cut out image also prevents you from messing up your original image – this is a great way of adding stamping to a project after you have finished it and if you think it needs a little something!
Step 5
Use your artiste markers and water to colour in your image. Once you are done colouring add some gold glitter glue to dress up your image and add some sparkle to it.

I cut my image smaller and added some stenciling and ink splats to the background. My stamped images created a corner effect to frame the center image. I then added flowers and other decorative elements to finish off my art work before popping it inside of an empty gift box lid. In the end I had a funky little artwork to use in my studio.
I hope this inspired you to pull out those stamps and utilize them even more! Happy stamping!
Products used
PM 980023 Cling Stamp – Karlie
PM 990114 Cartographer Cling Stamp
DDOA851303 Artiste Dual Tip Pens - Brush & Marker – Watercolour
ADCO 721981 Couture Creations Glitzin Glamour - Aztec Gold
PM 814144 Seashore Collection Kit
TVF-82 VersaFine Ink Pad - Onyx Black

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images