Cutting like a dream – Chiswick Cardstock and your electronic machines.

1:17:00 PM

If you are lucky enough to own an electronic cutting machine like a Cricut or Silhouette then you are always looking for a cardstock that will cut like a dream right? yes you are! So this week I tested the Chiswick range of cardstock and put them through my Cricut machine – and it cut like a dream. While playing on my machine I created a recycled project as part of my keeping it green motto. I cut a sentiment band to wrap around an empty metal food tin
I used the cardstock as a band layered on top of a sheet of Prima patterned paper strip – this way my pattern peeks out from underneath my bright pink cardstock wrap.
Don’t you just love the detail and texture of the cardstock! Here’s how I went about the process
step 1 – I cut my word onto the cardstock using my Cricut machine. I then trimmed the cardstock to measure 5mm thinner than the width of my recycled tin. I cut my patterned paper the exact width of my tin as i wanted it.
step 2 – Remember to keep the inside parts of the letters like “O”, “P” etc. I inked the edges of my cardstock strip using a dark brown chalk ink to finish it off. Add your adhesive to the back of the cut out sentiment strip  – make sure that you add your adhesive as close as possible to the edges of the cut-out letters.
step 3 – Carefully wrap the cut out band around the tin (on top of the patterned paper strip). I made sure that my overlap piece is at the back of the tin.
step 4 – Finish it off by adhering the center part of the “O” to finish it off. Decorate the tin with punched flowers using your Chiswick flower punches and cardstock.
A fun an easy project that is perfect for recycling and easy enough for kids to make during the holidays with a little help from mom.
So there you have it – cardstock perfect for your next cutting project using your Cricut of Silhouette machine.
For my project I used these products:
SB5000 Taffy Textured cardstock 216gsm
Get your favorite cardstock colours from your closest craft store – or ask for it by name by
visiting www.chiswick.co.za and view the entire range of colours for all your crafting needs.
Remember to contact Denise (031) 569 5673 if you have any trouble locating your favorite cardstock colours.
Happy cutting and creating until next time!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images