Step x step Chalk Watercolours Using Memento Luxe Ink Pads.

4:19:00 PM

I am an inky girl at heart – and I say that lightly because I don’t throw every ink I own onto a sheet of paper and call it good. I use my inks to carefully create accents and backgrounds and elements that enhances my design rather than distract from the focal point. Imagine my excitement when I got to play with an old new favourite ink. The Memento Luxe ink pads.

Memento Luxe ink pads is a chalk like pigment ink

  • It’s a really wet ink and gives the most amazing effects when stamp with
  • It can be used on porous surfaces like fabric and canvas and will be an amazing ink for mixed media projects
  • It is quite fast drying depending on the surface but can be heat set
  • It’s a great ink for techniques on all kinds of paper types and other surfaces: I tested it on glossy cardstock, glossy photo paper, smooth cardstock, matt cardstock, ribbon, paper and silk flowers and fabric and I loved all the different effects I could achieve
  • Because it is a pigment ink and will stay wet for a while, you can also emboss it
  • This ink also surprisingly loves water, and I could ink a surface and splat it with water and it would create beautiful water drops
 And here’s my little project I did to show case the versatility of this ink
I used the ink in 3 different colours to create my card. I combined Teal Zeal (blue) and Rich Cocao (brown) together to create a background. And then added Angel pink (pink) as an accent colour. To create your background

 Press the ink pads directly onto your craft sheet so that some of the ink transfers onto the sheet. I did blue at the top and then below it my brown. TIP: leave a small space between the ink colours and do not overlap the inks to avoid contamination
 Mist the ink with water until the ink starts to lift and mix with the water on the craft sheet
 Dip your cardstock into the ink and press lightly with your hands on top of the ink. Do not rub or drag the paper across the ink on the craft sheet. By pressing the cardstock you simply transfer the ink onto the cardstock upwards
 Leave the ink to dry and then die-cut a tree out of the side of the background piece. I used a strip of washi tape to hold my die in place while cutting
 Ink a sentiment stamp using the Rich cocoa ink pad and stamp the sentiment next to the tree – on my inked background my ink was dry instantly once stamped
 Die cut another tree out of matt white cardstock. Use the pink Luxe ink and ink the entire tree by lightly pressing the ink pad onto the tree until it is fully coloured
 While the ink is still wet add a layer of clear embossing powder. Work on a scrap piece of paper to avoid getting the powder stuck onto your surface, and then return the excess powder back into the container

Heat set the embossing powder. You can repeat this step again. Leave the powder to cool down, then ink the tree again with the same pink ink and add clear embossing powder. Heat set and let it cool down.
  • TIP: when you emboss a second layer onto your tree like I did, you will see that the second layer of pink ink seems to float inside of the embossed layer – a neat effect when you re-ink again with the pigment ink pad in between embossing layers.
Once the embossing is cooled down, adhere the background to a folded card base, then adhere the embossed tree inside the cut out part on the background you created. A fun and playful effect using this gorgeous new ink range.

You are going to love this ink for so many reasons and the versatile applications – plus the 24 colours in the range will get the creative juices flowing.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images