All Purpose Ink Wax Resist Technique.

2:15:00 PM

What I love about being creative is the simplicity with which one can create something really pretty. Going back to basics is always so fulfilling and in many ways what keeps us coming back for more – what’s that saying, everything comes full circle? And indeed with this project it went all the way back to kindergarten art class for me…

I love my wax crayons and so naturally with wax crayons we can create several different resist techniques, but this one took on a bold and colourful life.
Creating a wax resist technique background
I used 3 different wax crayon colours and scribbled on a plain white piece of cardstock.
 Then coloured over my scribbles using All Purpose Ink Truffle (brown) and left the ink to dry almost completely.
Take a cloth and wipe it down. This step will remove any wet ink sitting on the wax crayons lines but also buffs the entire surface and evens out the ink.
The crayons resisted the ink and the cardstock in the background was coloured with this amazing soft brown colour.
I wanted to add some stamped wording to my card and was looking for the same colour of brown as the All Purpose Ink. So I used my Memento Rich Cocoa ink pad and stamped some wording across the top edge of my card. The perfect match and finishing touch!
Quick and easy and so very effective! I love the simplicity of the colours combined with the ink. And remember being creative is that simple – all you have to do is tap into your inner child and remember all the wonderful things you did in art class when you were just a small little Picasso in the making.

  The wax resist technique is wonderful! It can be applied and used in many different ways – I think I will create some cards for my next project life layout – how about you?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images