Funky Face paint background for a Christmas card.

3:53:00 PM

This week I had loads of fun creating with face paint from Chiswick. Whose face did I paint? Well not a face at all…. Instead I started experimenting to see what I can do with the huge range of face paints that Chiswick stocks. They come in the most amazing colours, but for me the challenge is in using the colour that well, let’s just say is not that popular with us older folks. But nonetheless very fashionable at the moment. So i used this Fluorescent pink face paint to create a background for a Christmas card alongside some of their other fun products.
I didn’t exactly know what I was working towards, but I just wanted to have some random fun and see what happened.
Here’s how I created my background:
Step 1 – Use a palette knife and add some random blobs of face paint to smooth white cardstock.
 Step 2 – While the paint is still wet, use a plastic fork (from those handy take-aways) and drag it through the paint to create some texture.
I had some thicker patches of paint that is perfect for creating dimension – so don’t be afraid of that.
 Step 3 – Once the face paint is dry, use a sponge applicator and some black chalk paint and paint over the entire surface. Use a wet wipe to move the paint around if need be and then to remove some of the paint off of the pink face paint. The chalk paint did not adhere to the face paint so I could wipe it off easily.
 Step 4 – Leave the chalk paint to dry completely. Use bronze burnishing paste and a stipple brush and add a layer of paste over the entire surface to add some shimmer. Use a soft cloth to smooth it out if need be.
 Step 5 – Next I added a layer of lilac Pearlescent ink over the entire surface and a soft cloth to blend it into the now pearly background.
The lilac ink adds more sparkle and softens the look overall. I simply love how it turned out – and you only get the true effect in real life.
For my card focal point I used a store bought reindeer and covered him in silver glitter also from the Chiswick range. A quick stamped sentiment and some diamante finished off this quick and funky Christmas card – perfect for those individuals who do not like to follow the rules.
And that’s how I turned Fluorescent pink face paint into a gorgeous rich red background using different mediums together in layers.
I used the following products from Chiswick for my card
Ultra fine glitter sb4225
Pearlescent ink pad – Fresh Pink rs3315Fluorescent Face paint  Pink pa2100
Burnishing Paste Bronze pa2195
Visit the Chiswick website to view these products and the entire range available. Ask for it by name at your local craft store!
Happy crafting!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images