Project Life Pocket Style Scrapbooking with Lady Pattern Paper

8:17:00 AM

I cringe every time I hear someone say something negative about Project Life, pocket scrapbooking or about how expensive this hobby is. And as a local memory keeper I want to assure you that you can afford this hobby and I want to show you how…

With the Proudly South African paper releases by Lady Pattern Paper distributed by The Wholesaler you can create your own pocket style cards in a few easy steps. Yes you heard me – you don’t have to buy expensive specific product for memory keeping (yes I know we all want too – but as creative souls should we not get over that and make our own?).
With my regular scrapbooking pages I have so many off-cuts and embellishments left over, and I can’t stand throwing them out, but instead of hoarding them like in the past they have found a home in my Project Life layouts. And so came to be the Lady Pattern Paper project life cards for this layout.
I wanted to keep the layout simple, classy and elegant and the So Buff and Onyx Black colour range of off-cuts worked perfectly.
Step 1 - I started off by cutting my papers to measure 4×6” and 3×4” and then rounded the corners. Cut as many as you want for the pockets that won’t have photos in them.
Step 2 - To add journaling to my cards I first drew up a text box in a word document and printed it onto white typing paper.
 Step 3 - Once I was happy with the placement I adhered the cut cards to the printed sample page using a sticky square to hold it in place temporarily.

Step 4 - I place the page into my printer again and sent the same journaling to print, but this time onto my pocket cards. And so I could quickly and easily add my journaling to my custom made Lady Pattern Paper cards. TIP: I added some hand doodling and borders around my journaling for added details. I used a few simple embellishments to dress up my cards.
Step 5 - For this card I used a single base card and then cut another card slightly shorter and adhered them together to create a two-toned effect. I added some gold stamped numbers using foam stamps to this card.
 Step 6 - Another two toned card with some embellishments and then some gold paint around the edges.
 And in true Lady Pattern Paper style this Basic Essentials range is perfect to mix and match in with Project Life cards and other embellishments. I love the clean and feminine look of this layout and it has mostly to do with the simple way of memory keeping and because I used the much loved basics from Lady Pattern Paper.

So no more excuses why you can’t keep your memories beautifully in one place and updated. Hope you enjoy your Project Life scrapbooking with Lady Pattern Paper!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images