Card & Layout | Butterfly Card Inspired By A Layout

7:47:00 AM

Inspiration is everywhere, and with Lady Pattern Paper having a cardmaking competition, I can’t help myself but feel the urge to make some more cards. I love making cards because they offer me a creative outlet that is not so time consuming as a layout or canvas. So today I am sharing a layout and a card – the card was purely inspired by the butterfly on the layout and of course I had to use the beautiful butterfly paper.
The butterfly design was inspired by the butterfly flair used on my layout. The other elements were inspired by the Lady Pattern Paper papers used for matting my photo and for the detailed strips on the background.

step 1 - Select the 2 patterned papers you want to use as your background.
step 2 - Adhere the 2 pieces overlapping each other using double sided tape.
step 3 - Using some of my left-overs from last week’s layout, I cut two squares. One with paint details on it and a second larger matt using the beautiful Kraft dot paper.
step 4 - Adhere the background piece to a folded card front. Adhere the pink paint matted piece to the centre of your card. Add some paint splats to the background for added interest.
step 5 - Stamp and colour a butterfly image using matching colours.
step 6 -Add a layer of dimensional glaze to the butterfly.
step 7 - Lightly sprinkle the butterfly with the wet glaze with gold glitter. Leave the glaze to dry and shake off the excess glitter.
I finished off my card with some cut circles, diamanté, and sewing around the outer edge.
Products used:
irRESISTible Texture Spray Copper IR-000-094
irRESISTible Texture Spray Sweet Plum IR-000-506
Brilliance Dew Drop Pearlescent Chocolate BD-000-076
LPP0004 Basic Essentials Script - Intense Teal
LPP0007 Basic Essentials Sheet Music - Pink Mary
LPPK0005 Kraft Essentials - Script - Opaque White
Other: diamante, stamps:Prima; Glitter:Prima; Sewing machine; dimensional glaze; butterfly flair; paint; gesso; watercolour paint; paintbrush

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images