DIY Birthday – The Wholesaler turns 10.

12:37:00 PM

As part of The Wholesaler’s 10th birthday celebration, we are celebrating in style with a spectacular gold theme. Gold elements are so much fun to work with and sourcing pretty gold elements is part of the creative process.
I knew that I wanted to celebrate with some beautiful cupcake liners. And the perfect way to create custom gold liners was to cut them on my Silhouette CAMEO machine.
To showcase my cupcakes, I placed them on a yellow/gold paper plate and sprinkled some gold glitter around the cupcakes. Some pretty candles finish off the cupcakes.

 I worked with plain white cupcake liners and then added a layer of gold ink to them. By combining a light misting of Gold Foil Color Bloom spray, then a layer of water misted onto the ink and then small drops of All Purpose ink, I was left with a spectacular gold marble effect. Two shades of gold – perfect for a celebration!
step 1 - Cut a variety of cupcake liners on your Silhouette machine.
step 2 - Use a combination of Vegas Gold All Purpose Ink and Color Bloom spray to add a gold layer of colour to your cupcake liners. Leave them to dry.
step 3 - Fold the cupcake liners and attach the ends together so that they fit snugly around your cupcakes.
 These cupcakes are perfect for a whole table of celebratory elements.
Next I added a pretty recycled bottle to hold the drinking straws on the table. This is such a fun element to make. Wash and remove all the labels from an empty drinks bottle. Cut down gold balloons and then pull them over the bottom of the bottles to look like a gold dipped effect. Paint can be so messy and so this is an amazingly easy alternative that is not messy at all. I added some white stars to the balloon dipped bottom that I had left over from cutting my cupcake wrappers.
So in the end everything finds a place and can be used to celebrate! A DIY Birthday made easy…

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images